Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Stream of consciousness first post!

Hello!  I wanted to start a blog chronicling various DIY projects I have going on.  I've recently gotten into building wood furniture, thanks to Ana White & Knock-Off Wood.  We've been in this house for 2.5 years and while it's not OLD, it's not brand-spanking new perfection either.  We've ripped out the first floor half bath vanity, painted and put in a new vanity/sink/faucet.  Decorated our son's room when he upgraded from a toddler bed to real furniture.  Made a nice guest room.  Replaced the kitchen faucet.  Replaced some windows (not us, we paid for that!).  Have a TON of stuff I WANT to do, but very little that we MUST do.  The house is livable as it is, it's just not super pretty :)  It doesn't help that I am a total cheapskate.  Good example of this is we've had the money in savings for over a year to buy new kitchen appliances, but I just can't.let.it.go!   I mean, there's nothing physically WRONG with the fridge...It's just 19 years old, ugly, and we hate it...But it works!  So, I'm loathe to replace them, even though I scowl at them all daily. 

I will be back later with posts about the things we've already done, the things I'm planning soon, and the pipe-dream-someday plans!

4 comments:

  1. Wow. You went to the dark side. ;) I'm so going to let you practice on all of these projects at your house, then when you're good and seasoned, you can do them all over here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, well...I wanted/needed a place I could just set all this down to refer to later, rather than digging through folders of pictures months from now going 'huh...what stain did I use on xyz?' :) It's nice...plus, it keeps me off FB so much...and you know I loooove to talk talk talk talk about new projects :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leah, I just wanted to say congrats on starting your new blog. I actually just found Ana'a blog a couple of days ago and I just can't stay off of it. I was reading thru the community I think and ran across you.

    Your headboard is very nice. Good Job! I am thinking about starting a blog myself but still not quite sure yet. I do have a website Addesigns.weebly.com. If you get a chance visit it and tell me what you think. I appreciate it. I am an interior designer and I can decorate/design in my sleep none stop. But anywho I have been thinking about making a couple of benches for a dining room table I currently have. LOL! I can talk too. Sorry if this was too too long. Have a great Day!!
    P.S not sure how to use the Comment as section right below this box. LOL! I hope I did it correctly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi April! Thanks so much! I love Ana's plans, they're really excellent and so easy to follow. Have you checked out her dining table bench plans yet?

    I checked out your site, it's nice! Don't tell me you're a designer, I've been moaning about not knowing any since we bought this house ;) I seriously lack any sort of innate design gene or something! if you start a blog, let me know, I'd love to read it!

    ReplyDelete