Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Little Boy's Bathroom - Update 2

So!  Where was I?  Oh yes, I have finished the bulk of the stripping.  All of the doors & drawer-fronts (and backs), and the vanity case itself.  I've removed the dried up old caulk from above the shower/bath, taken down the popped-off tape & joint compound (mud) from the front of the shower (where the shower & drywall meet, above the shower head), re-taped and mudded that.  Finished off the mudding and sanding the hole where the old TP holder was, spackled & filled the holes from the old towel holder.  Cut back the popped drywall tape above the light.  Haven't retaped and mudded that yet.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Little Boy's Bathroom - Update 1

So, as of sunday night I have the backs of all the drawers & doors from his vanity stripped.  I'll do the fronts tomorrow.  Found a GREAT water-based low/no VOC indoor use stripper at Blue, saturday - Motsenbocker's Lift Off.  I was at the Build & Grow with LB and afterwards decided to look at strippers because the sanding & stain test I did last week resulted in NO CHANGE to the damned wood.

Friday, January 21, 2011

The Little Boy's Bathroom - Before

 Vanity is a medium ugly oak ;)  Heading for a Java, with new hardware & faucet.

Looking from the door towards the tub.  We replaced the shower rod ages ago, I'm keeping the curtain & hooks.

Looking from the tub towards the door.  Currently heavy cream walls, white trim

Saturday, January 1, 2011

New year, new project!

Sooo, I checked my wood pile, went to Orange for some 1/2" dowel and some decent 1x12 and 1x10 (the scrap pile there wasn't helpful, so I bought 4' lengths of each) and got started on that crazy magazine rack doohickey my Dad requested.  He's moving to his new condo in a warm clime 'some time real soon now...maybe Jan, maybe Feb!' so I need to get cracking!