Finally moved it into the house last night. The poly on top still has 24 hours more of curing time before I can set anything on it. I'll likely play it safe and wait another 72 ;) I went through too much agro with the finish to ruin it at the last minute!
So, the finish! As you know, I had a heck of an issue with the wood filler not taking stain. I tried 500 different things and finally decided it was just time to throw in the towel and paint it with black satin paint (2 coats over primer). I did the base, but decided to try staining the top, since I hadn't tried that part yet. I used the walnut gel stain and it took wonderfully! Then, I did 2 coats of Jacobean, and one last coat of Walnut, since it seemed to be lacking something. Did one coat of poly on the underside and sides, and 2 coats on the topm with a swipe of 320 grit between coats (not because I think anything over 220 is necessary, it's just what I had on hand!).
So, this is the new home for it. That picture is moving away, and I'm putting up a large black-framed mirror there (once I finish making the frame smaller this weekend, then it needs painting since it's the old mirror from the half bath redo). I have some crafty seasonal decor for it as well, that I stole from YHL, but as I said it can't go on till later this week!
My only other building note I forgot to add in the original post - Like someone mentioned in the comments on the plans, none of the 1x12s here are actually 11 1/2 inches wide. They're all 11 1/4, so I adjusted the cross pieces to be 9 3/4 inches instead of the 10 it called for.