The dining room table eventually became Legoland and the room completed its decline to blah. We have two 'events' coming up which really lit a fire under my butt for getting this room SEMI presentable - LB wants to have a Lego party at home for his 5th birthday, and March is my month to host bookclub. So I had a spare gallon of paint and said what the hell it's gotta be better than what's there!
(I took this picture after I'd already started paint prepping - there were 2 pictures on that left-hand wall)
The corner shown with the white paint is where I needed to re-tape and re-mud from chair-rail to crown moulding. I did an ok job for my first time :) There's definitely a few flaws, but nothing that is glaring. I left the french cleat up on the wall rather than take it down, fill the holes, re-drill, etc. Seemed crazy to not just leave it!
Here's the afters (waiting till the weekend for the walls to cure enough to hang things again)! I changed the orientation of the table, and removed the old manky rug (I'd love a giant zebra-print one in there, actually) The two pictures will go on that small wall to the right of the window, and I'm making a triptych I found on Pinterest for the long bare wall. The mirror will obviously go back where it was. The paint colour is Behr's Wheat Bread which seems a nice cross between grey and beige, and is what we used in the adjoining living room. I'd previously painted below the chair rail Behr's White Truffle to cover up about another 6 test spots (also the colour of the upstairs hall, and the 4 first-floor columns). I'm fine with the curtains for now, but I'd love to get a colourful print in there!